Sunday 8 April 2007

Out with the old...........



A Then and Now picture.

The top one was taken 2006, below - 2007 At the top field - a drastic removal of natural invasive species (such as nettle) will have to make way for an introduced meadow - which will hopefully encourage a wide diverse insect species. A new pond will feature to the right of the image which will in itself over time introduce a new range of species to the area.

I plan to add many more fruit trees to replace the plums and apples lost over the years, then I can re-name the top field, "The Orchard"...gives it a bit more class, don't it?!
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

mrsnesbitt said...

Came here via INEBG great projects. I am busy in the garden at the moment I find keeping a blog helps me keep focussed! I need all the help I can get! LOL!