Tuesday 27 February 2007

College life update


ORIGINAL POST: Tuesday, October 03, 2006


Here I am on the cusp of a new life, a different venture into the semi-unknown. Away from the underground and into the relatively lighter realm of academia.A return to college to expand the ol' grey matter.2 years and I'm supposed to learn stuff? huh? no fair, not when there's a temptation of lasses half my age and cheap cider.

Three weeks in and my brain is sore and my appreciation of the 'youth of today' is tested, these are my neighbours, my group, my Ford Fiesta, mini round-a-bout, car-park hugging, McDonalds, shooting fanatics and equine lovelies.

Just not after 11pm please...it says here in the rule book.To all concerned, I whinge...yes, but it's actually very good...I'm enthralled, I'm learning..I no longer feel robotic and have no real routine and I'm pretty sure if I looked in the mirror I'd have a healthy ready break glow around me....or maybe thats the cow shit I fell in earlier today.

So, what have I been doing?

Note taking.....a lot of that. Woodland walks and indentifying this glorious land. Plus, building stone walls...though I think there may be some back-hand action in this activity for the local farmers who own said wall.A bit of pond dipping, insect catching and also heaps of internet testing to see how secure the college network is............very secure............

Check my pictures, slave labour I believe.
Share/Bookmark

No comments: